Bryan B. Arnold
Bryan Arnold is an accomplished government contract lawyer who has represented clients with government contract disputes and regulatory compliance issues at the federal, state, and local level for over twenty years. Mr. Arnold is also an experienced litigator, representing clients in all forms of commercial disputes. Mr. Arnold has significant experience representing employers in labor and employment disputes, attorneys in legal malpractice actions, and representing managed care companies and health plans in billing disputes.
Mr. Arnold has represented clients with respect to actions brought under the federal and state False Claims Act; bid protests actions before administrative bodies and the courts; federal audits; cost allowability and allocability issues; the Cost Accounting Standards, size determinations; contract compliance; federal supply schedule contracts; terminations for default or convenience; and prime and subcontractor disputes. Mr. Arnold regularly advises clients on state and local procurement issues, involving a diverse collection of state and local agencies, such as the California Department of General Services, the California Department of Health Services, Caltrans, CalPERS, the Los Angeles Unified School District, Los Angeles County, Orange County, City of Anaheim, and the San Diego Data Processing Corporation. He also advises clients on internal investigations and the development and improvement corporate ethics and compliance programs.
Areas of Practice
- Government Contracts
- Business Litigation
- Health Care Disputes
- Employment Litigation, Advice, and Internal Investigations
- False Claims Act and Internal Investigations
- Prime/Subcontractor Disputes
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Appellate Representation
- Professional Negligence
- California, 1990
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. cum laude - 1990
- Cornell College, Mount Vernon, Iowa
- B.A. magna cum laude - 1987
- Author, "Local Government Contracting in California: Traps for the Unwary" (National Business Institute December 2017)
- Author, "A Survey of Public Record Laws – Issues Affecting State and Local Contractors, Bidders, and Contractors" (ABA, Section of Public Contract Law, May 2010)
- Author, "2009 State Procurement Update – Burning Questions" (ABA, Section of Public Contract Law, May 2009)
- Co-author, "To Intervene or Not Intervene: Can Counsel for Defendants Play a Role in the Government’s Decision to Intervene in a Qui Tam Case?," Qui Tam Litigation Under the False Claims Act (CLE International, Mar. 2001)
- Co-author, "Insurance Coverage Litigation from the Government Contractor’s Perspective," Environmental Liabilities and Government Contracts in the New World Order (ABA, Section on Public Contract Law, Nov. 1995)
- Co-author, "Restructuring Costs Following an Acquisition or Merger: Will Congress Bring Defense Industry Consolidation to a Halt?" Federal Contracts Report, June 20, 1994
- KPMG LLP
- Securitas USA
- HP Enterprise Services, LLC
- Avis Budget Group, Inc.
- Authorized Taxicab Supervision, Inc.
- Celeris Systems, Inc.
- Apollo Education Group, Inc.
- School Link Technologies, Inc.
- Smart Start of California
- Modern iConcepts, Inc.
- Local Government Law From Start To Finish, "Public Contracts and Bidding: Avoiding Delays and Mitigating Liability" (National Business Institute December 2017), Speaker
- "A Survey of Public Record Laws – Issues Affecting State and Local Contractors, Bidders, and Contractors" (ABA, Section of Public Contract Law, May 2010), Panel Moderator
- "2009 State Procurement Update – Burning Questions" (ABA, Section of Public Contract Law, May 2009), Panel Speaker
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of California
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals
Past Employment Positions
- Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP